Tuesday 3 February 2015

5 Reasons why you gotta have a Running Buddy


There are days when motivation expires and you no longer have that drive that helped you put on your running shoes last week. There are times when you just feel like sleeping a little longer and have a lazy day. But when you have a Running Buddy you will put those running shoes on whether you like it or not. 

Here are the top 5 reasons why you have to start running with a friend:

1. THEY WILL CHALLENGE YOU... A LOT.
 Looking back now, I probably wouldn't have gone any farther than 5 Kilometers if it weren't for my running pal. When you're in it as a team, your ambitions tend to reach a higher level and you start to dream of greater possibilities and greater goals. This is when Running becomes not just an effort to lose weight but a dream that you want to achieve. 

2. YOU WILL BEGIN TO APPLY THE WORDS "JUST DO IT"
There are definitely days when i just don't feel like running, but I always have the ability to overcome laziness whenever I get a text message at 5 in the morning saying "Goodmorning Trish, see you!" . That's when I know that my friend is waiting for me all dressed up in her running gear. This is when "JUST DO IT" became not just a motto but a lifestyle.

3. YOU CAN TRAIN HARDER & BETTER.
Sometimes I feel like my friend runs so much faster than I do. But because we are in it together, I can't help but follow her pace. In the end I am surprised that my speed has improved and I see better results. I've been in so many situations where in I would normally give up if I was on my own, but having a partner who counts on me helps a lot in my mental conditioning. Thanks for my running buddy who inspires me to push harder! 

4. YOU CAN GAIN MORE KNOWLEDGE.
I read a lot and do a lot of research when it comes to running, but there are some things that I do not know of. Having a running buddy helped me in gaining more knowledge, tips, facts etc. about running. It is good to exchange knowledge and stories of individual experiences with your partner. 

5. THEY WILL EVENTUALLY BECOME ONE OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS.
Well, I am fortunate enough to have found a friend who happens to love running. But ever since the two of us partnered together as runners our relationship just got to a whole new level of laughter, joy, struggles and other forms or hilariousness. She's that one person who I don't care about seeing me early in the morning with puffy eyes and whom I don't mind seeing me sweat and tired. I don't only have a running partner but a best friend as well :)


If you don't have any running buddies, why don't you go and try to ask your friends out for a run? You'll be surprised to see just how helpful it is to have someone run with you!

*P.S. This would all be impossible it weren't for my running buddy Katrina, and all the other friends whom I have ran with in the past. Keep running you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment