Sunday 1 February 2015

WHY I RUN



It all started in 2011 when I began feeling uncomfortable in my growing body. I was always the skinny girl in high school who was envied by my classmates because of my ability to eat so much and not gain weight. Then in College, we all realized that I was also subject to the horrors of gaining weight. And so in my attempt to lose the weight I began joining my dad and my friends in running.

But despite my motivation I did not see the results that I wanted to see. Instead I became bigger and bigger. But I also became a better runner, being able to run a maximum of 10 kilometers. Now running is not synonymous to “my attempt at weight loss” but “lifestyle”. Although I still want to lose weight, the motivation has changed. Now its all about reaching personal goals, and seeing the world by racing everywhere possible.

I can say that I am pretty comfortable in my body even though most people regard me as fat. I realized that fat doesn't mean you're not beautiful. And beauty is more than just fitting in skinny jeans. Its all about being confident and being healthy.

In addition, running has helped me so much in reflecting about life. Its amazing how God speaks to me while I run. And I hope to share them all here too. After all, the race we run physically will soon come to an end. Medals are all temporary, what really is important is that we run a race towards a greater and eternal prize. In this race it doesn’t matter if you run slowly, what matters is that you RUN. I am on a race towards a heavenly prize, and this is WHY I RUN

No comments:

Post a Comment